- Dates & Times:
- Fri. Dec. 15, 2023, from 1-5 p.m. ET / 10 a.m.-2 p.m. PT
- Wed. Jan. 3, 2024, from 4-8 p.m. ET / 1-5 p.m. PT
- Sun. Jan. 7, 2024, from 1-5 p.m. ET / 10 a.m.-2 p.m. PT
Select one; IFCs should work together to select PRIME/IFC Academy dates that best suit their collective availability.
- Format: Virtual
IFC Presidents have an enormous job. They are asked to lead their council effectively, establish relationships across campus, create a shared vision and guide their community toward positive change. These are no small tasks. We’d bargain the IFC President’s job is one of the most complex student leadership roles on campus. And these leaders need greater support. That’s why, in partnership with the Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values (AFLV), Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) and Southeast Greek Leadership Association (SGLA), we developed PRIME: The Summit of IFC Presidents.
PRIME focuses IFC Presidents on their role from the get-go. Getting this concentrated training in December/January, when many IFC presidents start their term, will prepare them for council and community leadership. Please review the PRIME FAQs below for program questions.
At PRIME we prepare IFC Presidents to be the best possible leader as they work with their council and community to provide a safe, enriching and memorable fraternity experience. This is accomplished through high-level skill building around elements of leadership, as well as dedicated time learning from experts in the industry. IFC Presidents also get an opportunity to share their own best practices and IFC experiences with their peers and build relationships for support throughout the year.
Held over winter break, the newly elected IFC President will learn and engage with other IFC Presidents, skilled facilitators and NIC staff to prepare them for success in all aspects of their role. In addition to the synchronous program, PRIME will include an ongoing cohort experience to promote deeper conversations and continued resource sharing.
PRIME attendees will:
- Build a supportive and collaborative network among other IFC Presidents from across the country
- Learn the executive leadership skills needed to be an effective IFC President
- Learn the components of an ideal IFC
- Determine key relationships to build on campus as well as resources needed and how to gain them
- Understand how to manage difficult situations and support their team through complex problems
- Learn from experienced interfraternal professionals and experts in the field
PAST ATTENDEES SAY
- 89% said because of PRIME they are better prepared to be a leader in their fraternity community.
- 95% said because of PRIME, they can articulate the role IFC Presidents must play in addressing issues.
- 95% said PRIME caused them to feel a sense of responsibility for and ownership of the fraternity experience.
- 88% said because of PRIME they know the current performance of their IFC.
- 96% said because of PRIME they can identify resources, services, and initiatives that could add value to IFC.
- 89% positively rated PRIME
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see answers to common questions about PRIME.
PRIME: The Summit of IFC Presidents is a program that focuses IFC Presidents on their role from the get-go. Getting this concentrated training in December/January, when many IFC presidents start their term, will prepare them for council and community leadership.
The NIC developed PRIME in partnership with the Association of Fraternal Leadership & Values (AFLV), Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) and Southeast Greek Leadership Association (SGLA). Educational outcomes for PRIME were developed with RISE Partnerships, a consulting partner that delivers the insights, skills and resources leaders need to improve the fraternity and sorority experience.
Your job is tough. Many could argue it’s the toughest student leadership role on campus. PRIME will help cultivate a greater capacity within you to lead your IFC toward addressing critical issues and key opportunities in your community. You will also learn how to best lead your fellow IFC officers.
PRIME is an institute, not a conference. That means you won’t pick and choose what sessions to attend; rather, curriculum pieces build off of each other to create a progressive learning experience.
At PRIME, you will network with other IFC Presidents from across the country, learn from experienced professionals and experts in the field, and hone skills to help you lead a high-performing, highly-relevant IFC. You will engage in large and small group discussions about IFC performance, building trust, supporting your team, and enhancing your leadership competence.
IFC Presidents will apply what they’ve learned at PRIME and what they’ve learned early in their terms in office when attending IFC Academy or additional council development training later in the spring. PRIME and IFC Academy are complementary experiences that set the IFC President up for success during his time in office. The curriculum in both programs is unique, and the experiences build upon each other.
PRIME: The Summit for IFC Presidents is a fully virtual program.
All dues-paying IFCs have a complementary registration for their IFC President.
If you are not a member of a dues-paying IFC the rate is $250 per attendee. Please email us if you are not a member of a dues-paying IFC but would like to attend.
Due to changes in our registration system, this is no longer an option. To register, students must log in to our data portal, FS Central. Please update your officer roster as soon as possible after elections to ensure your new IFC President can sign up for PRIME.