The IFC Awards Program honors those who advance the movement and have a direct, positive impact on fraternity.
We look forward to continuing to celebrate student success through the IFC Awards Program, recognizing campuses, councils and individuals that exemplify NIC Standards and aim to align with IFC Standard Operating Procedures.
Please direct any questions about the awards process and the development of this program to email@example.com.
Please note, these awards recognize the Council itself, not the organizations/chapters comprising the Council. Individual awards are given to Outstanding IFC President and Outstanding IFC Advisor.
The Outstanding IFC Award recognizes Interfraternity Councils (IFCs) that excel in operations and positively impact their member chapters, their fraternity/sorority communities and host institutions.
- Goes above and beyond to establish fraternal values that are woven into multiple facets of the experience, community and group attitude.
- Holds high standards for all chapters on their campus.
- Demonstrates excellence in all aspects of operations, service and interfraternalism.
Outstanding Community Service
This award recognizes Interfraternity Councils that participate in and provide opportunities for meaningful service within their campus community.
- Committed to actively participating in service opportunities on their college campus as an IFC.
- Provides information and service opportunities for their member organizations to participate in community service locally and/or on campus.
Outstanding Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
This award recognizes Interfraternity Councils that actively practice adherence to the NIC DEI Position Statement recognizing that human diversity and embracing differing points of view allows for innovation and growth.
- Illustrates commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion educational opportunities for the IFC, member fraternities and/or campus community at large.
- Actively engages campus and community partners to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion in the fraternity experience.
Outstanding Peer Governance
This award recognizes Interfraternity Councils that excel in operations and adhere to the IFC Standard Operating Procedure: Governance.
- Illustrates commitment to their IFC Code of Conduct and Judicial Code.
- Implements officer structure inclusive of the nine functional areas provided by the SOP.
- Provides opportunities for IFC officers to educate the fraternity community on areas related to their position and duties.
Outstanding IFC President
The Outstanding IFC President Award recognizes IFC Presidents whose leadership has been a driving force for growth, positive change and interfraternalism on their campus. Must have completed their role as IFC President in the past academic year.
- Illustrates clear leadership that has shaped the future of their peers and the campus community.
- Deeply committed to the advancement of the fraternal experience and lives the highest standards of fraternity.
Outstanding IFC Advisor
This award recognizes campus-based professionals working in fraternity/sorority life providing exceptional support to an Interfraternity Council in a manner that contributes to overall Council excellence, enhances peer-governance among students, exemplifies interfraternal values and models effective partnerships. Must have held the role of IFC Advisor on the campus in the past academic year.
- Exemplifies fraternal values, mission and purpose.
- Shows collaborative leadership in addressing critical problems and affects systemic change for good.
- Inclusively committed to the personal development of all individuals, challenges students to be the best they can be and encourages progressive change within the Council.