The North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) is committed to being an industry leader in advocacy, education, research, and the promotion of fraternal values. To accomplish these goals, the NIC, including the staff, Governing Council, key leaders of member organizations, and Alliance Partners commit ourselves to the following ethical standards any time we represent the industry or any segment of it:
- To understand and uphold the Governing Documents of the NIC, including the Constitution & Bylaws, Standards, and Position Statements;
- To be reliable and trustworthy in all of our transactions with each other and our Alliance Partners;
- To appear, speak, and conduct ourselves in a professional manner, cognizant that we set an example within the industry and within society;
- To collaborate with each other in advancing the fraternity movement;
- To refrain from disparaging any person or organization affiliated with the NIC, and to treat sensitive information appropriately;
- And to, above all, advance and serve the fraternity industry with integrity .