- Dates: Friday, January 14 & Saturday, January 15
- Time: 1:00 – 6:00 pm ET both days
- Format: Virtual
Thank you to 2021 participants!
The 2021 program reached an incredible, record-setting number of student leaders. Thank you to all participants, facilitators and supporters for making this opportunity so great.
IFC Academy provides IFC officers with tools and training to be effective in their specific roles, build cohesiveness as a team and understand their responsibility in the governance of their fraternity community and, traditionally, we have hosted this program in conjunction with AFLV, SGLA, and NGLA.
To enhance learning and training opportunities, IFC officers, delegates and advisors, IFC Academy is offered online. There are officer tracks, council breakouts and content designed to help elevate and improve IFC performance.
About the online program
IFC Academy takes place over two partial days in January with a condensed agenda. We will be utilizing event management technology to live stream sessions, host robust discussion and provide valuable connections to peers and leaders in the fraternal industry. For questions, email email@example.com.
IFC Academy offers tracks for specific officers, such as:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Health and Safety
- IFC Advisor
- IFC Delegate
- Programming (Member Development)
- Public Relations
- Service and Philanthropy
PAST ATTENDEES SAY
- 87% said as a result of participating in Academy they can define the expectations for their officer role.
- 90% said as a result of participating in Academy they know the resources available to support their success.
- 88% said as a result of participating in Academy they are able to determine actions fraternity members may take to implement peer-governance.
- 92% said as a result of participating in Academy they are able to identify the purpose of the interfraternity council.
- 92% said as a result of participating in Academy they are able to define relevance for their IFC.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Click the questions to see answers to common questions about IFC Academy.
IFC Academy is about your officer role and your IFC council team and is specifically tailored for IFC officers. The curriculum in all NIC programs is unique, and the experiences build upon each other.
IFC Academy is an institute, not a conference. That means you won’t pick and choose what sessions to attend; rather, curriculum pieces build off of each other to create a progressive learning experience.
You will work with IFC officers in similar roles from other campuses and your council. You will engage in large- and small-group discussions about peer-governance, IFC standard operating procedures and key practices.
IFC Academy provides Interfraternity Council officers with tools and training to be effective in their specific roles, build cohesiveness as a team and understand their responsibility in the peer governance of their fraternity community.
IFC Academy 2022 will be hosted as an online learning experience. Information about the January 2023 program will be announced in 2022.
IFC Academy provides the officer training tools and leadership skills to improve your community. It is a time for you to build relationships with your council and with IFC officers from other campuses.