Consider how best to safely serve meals:
- If social distancing is still in effect, place 6 foot markers in the serving area for proper distancing while waiting in line for meals.
- Install sneeze guards in all serving areas if they do not already exist.
- If utilizing a buffet line, staff should serve – no “help yourself.”
- Consider all meals served preset (disposable containers and utensils not required).
- Consider all meals served in disposable containers and utensils.
- Treat the kitchen like a quarantine zone. Keep the foot traffic to only the people that have to be in day in and out (if applicable, staff only – no guests or residents).